Essays and videos by Prof. Samuel Devons, on subjects from the history of science
The following essays and videos were written and developed by Prof. Samuel Devons.
These materials were donated by his daughter, Mrs. Judith Devons, to the department of science teaching in the Weizmann institute of science.
- The Limits of Physical Measurements
- Volta and Galvani – New Electricity from Old
- Henry Cavendish – the law of Force of Electricity
- Newton’s Investigations of Light and Color
- Pre-Galilean Mechanics – an example: Leonardo da-Vinci and the law of Lever
- Coulomb’s Electrical Measurements
- William Gilbert’s Investigation of Magnetism
- The Search for Electromagnetic Induction
- The Law of Biot-Savart – the Beginnings of Electrodynamics
- Faraday’s Earlier Experiments on the Laws of Electromagnetic Induction.
- Oersted – The Beginning of Electromagnetism