The Group is involved in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation involving students from kindergarten to high school. The curriculum materials are developed for a variety of learning environments: the laboratory, the outdoors, the computer and the classroom.
Ongoing projects include:
- Development of new curriculum materials for the senior high school (topics include earthquakes, the carbon cycle, plate tectonics and evolution in the dimension of geological time);
- Development of new curriculum materials for junior high school (topics include the rock cycle, the water cycle and earth systems);
- Utilizing the outdoors as a learning environment through geological field trips;
- The Geotope, a research project performed by students;
- Let’s Rock, a curriculum for kindergarten students.