The profile of Earth Science Education worldwide
The research carried out by the Earth Science Education Group, and the curriculum development introduces by it, have had an international impact on learning and teaching strategies worldwide. Our curriculum materials have been translated into Spanish, Chinese, English, Portuguese and Arabic; teacher workshops inspired by our research were conducted in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, Brazil, USA, India, Germany, Portugal and Ethiopia.
Links for further reading
- King, C., Orion, N. and Thompson, B. D. (1995). Earth sciences education on the world stage. School Science Review. 77(279), 121-124.
- Orion, N., Thompson, B. D. and King, C. (1996). Earth sciences education: an extra dimension to science education in schools. Caderonos IG/UNICAMP. 6, 122-133.
- Orion, N. and Ault, C. (2007). Learning earth sciences. In: Abell, S. and Lederman, N. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Science Teaching and Learning. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. USA.
- Orion, N. and Libarkin, J. (2014). Earth systems education. In: Abell, S. and Lederman, N. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Science Teaching and Learning. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. USA.
- Orion, N. (2018). The Israeli Earth science education in schools. In: Greco, R. and Almberge, L. (Eds.), Earth Science Education: Global Perspectives. Pouso Alegre : IFSULDEMINAS: il. ISBN: 987-85-67952-14-7
- Orion, N. (2019). The future challenge of Earth science education research. Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary Science Education Research. 1: 3.
- Orion, N., Ribeiro, T., Lima, D. and Vasconcelos, C. (2020). Earth Systems Workshop: the impact on Portuguese geoscience educators’ practice and views. In: Vasconcelos, C. et al. (Eds.), Educação em Ciências: Cruzar caminhos, unir saberes – Atas do XVII Encontro Nacional de Educação em Ciências, XVIII ENEC, III Internacional Seminar of Science Education, III ISSE (pp. 457-461). Porto: U. Porto Edições. ISBN: 978-989-746-198-9. doi:10.24840/978-989-746-198-9.