The course will deal with four learning environments: the lab, the outdoor, the computer and the classroom. The course will focus on the acquaintance and understanding the educational potential of each of the learning environments and mainly on the integration of all of them to a coherent learning scheme. The course will start with learning about the educational advantages and limitations of each learning environment. Then, each student will have to map the use of these learning environments within his/her own discipline of study and to evaluate the quantity as well as the quality of the use and integration of learning environments within his/her discipline.
המרצה פרופ' ניר אוריון, המחלקה להוראת המדעים, מכון ויצמן למדע.
סביבות הלימוד החוץ כיתתיות – למה ואיך?
- A Field Based High School Geology Course: Igneous and Metamorphic Terrains – an Israeli experience; Journal of the Association of Teachers of Geology 11 1; 1986; Nir Orion & Avi Hofstein
- Development of High-School Geology Course Based on Field Trips; Journal of Geological Education 37; 1989; Nir Orion
- Field Trips in the Israeli High-School Geology Curriculum ; Journal of the Earth Science Teacher Association 14 1; 1989; Nir Orion
- The Measurement of Students' Attitudes Towards Scientific Field Trips; Science Education 75 (5), John Wiley & Sons Inc; 1991; Nir Orion & Avi Hofstein
- A Model for the Development and Implementation of Field Trips as an Integral Part of The Science Curriculum; School Science & Mathematics 93 6; 1993; Nir Orion
- A Short-Term and Long-Term Study of a Science Investigation Project in Geology, Used by Non-Science High School Student; Research in Science & Technological Education 12 2; 1994; Nir Orion
- Factors that Influence Learning during a Scientific Field Trip in a Natural Environment; Journal of Research in Science Teaching 31 10; 1994; Nir Orion & Avi Hofstein
- Students' Perception of Co-operative Learning in Earth Science Fieldwork; Research in Science & Technological Education 14 1; 1996; R. F. Kempa & Nir Orion
- Development and Validation of an Instrument for Assessing the Learning Environment of Outdoor Science Activities; 1997; Nir Orion & Avi Hofstein, Pinchas Tamir & Geoffrey J. Gidding
- THE OUTDOOR AS A CENTRAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT IN THE GLOBAL SCIENCA LITERACY FRAMEWORK: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE; 2003; Implementung Global Science Literacy; Nir Orion
- TEACHING GLOBAL SCIENCE LITERACY: A PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OR A PROFESSIONAL CHANGE; 2003; Implementung Global Science Literacy; Nir Orion